Oxfordshire Youth is looking for a new Chair!
About Oxfordshire Youth
Oxfordshire Youth is a 70-year-old charity that has a privileged place in the youth sector supporting its members to deliver impactful youth provision
We are looking for a new Chair to join our committed team of staff and trustees. Come join us and shape an exciting and sustainable future for this wonderful organisation.
Let 2018 be the year that you make a significant difference to young people in Oxfordshire through your superb leadership!
The standard responsibilities of a chair:
The Charity Commission set out the responsibilities of a Chair:
Gov UK Website
How we would like a chair to operate:
- Foster a culture of change and renewal
- Create a climate of trust so that conflict and difference support innovation and progress.
- Support the development of a clear strategic direction of the charity.
- Regularly evaluate the skills, experience and knowledge of the board.
- Refresh the board as necessary in order to allow for the charities success.
- Create a sense of one team, with trustees and staff working in partnership.
- Ensure the board full-fills its duties to maintain sound financial health.
- Establish and build a strong and effective working relationship with the chief executive.
- Strike a balance between effectively challenging and supporting the chief executive.
What are we looking for in a new chair?
If you are passionate about supporting young people to achieve their true potential then here is an opportunity for you to make a tangible and visible difference to communities across Oxfordshire.
This is a really exciting time to join us as we are looking for a Chair to lead us through transformation. We are ripe for change and modernisation. There is plenty of scope for creativity and innovation.
Who would this suit?
If you are currently in a strategic leadership role in a business and you are looking to progress to Board level this is a great opportunity for you to gain the experience to support your next career move.
If you have held a strategic role leading organisational change, have a strong commercial background and are looking for a new challenge then this role would be a great opportunity for you.
If you work or have worked in the education/youth sector and have strong commercial acumen then this would be ideal for you.
Sound exciting? If so keep reading….
The priorities for a New Chair will be to:
- create momentum and pace around transformation ensuring collective ownership
- strengthen our quality and governance processes
- foster a culture of open dialogue, constructive challenge and learning
- strengthen the financial position of the charity
- raise our profile
- build a sense of One Team with staff and trustees
Can you support this direction of travel and help us achieve great things? Do you have the courage and determination to support us to leverage our history whilst building a new future? If so, we would love to hear from you.